Bradenton is a city located on Florida’s Gulf Coast in Manatee County. With its beaches, parks, and proximity to Tampa and Sarasota, Bradenton is a popular place to live and work. But before hitting the road, it’s important for Bradenton drivers to have proper auto insurance coverage. This article will provide an overview of car insurance in Bradenton and tips for finding the best coverage.
Car Insurance Requirements in Florida
Florida is a no-fault insurance state, which means both parties’ insurance providers cover their policyholders’ injuries and vehicle damage regardless of who caused the accident. Florida drivers are required to carry:
- Bodily injury liability: $10,000 per person, $20,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $10,000 per accident
- Personal injury protection (PIP): $10,000 minimum
PIP covers medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages for the policyholder and passengers injured in an accident. Florida drivers can reject this coverage if they have health insurance that covers auto accident injuries.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage is also required unless rejected in writing. This protects you if you’re hit by a driver with no or insufficient insurance.
Factors That Affect Car Insurance Rates in Bradenton
Car insurance rates vary from driver to driver based on risk factors determined by the insurance company. Some main factors that affect your auto insurance premiums in Bradenton include:
- Driving record: Past accidents, speeding tickets, and DUI convictions will increase your rates. A clean record saves you money.
- Credit score: Insurers view lower credit scores as higher risk. Maintaining a good score keeps premiums down.
- Coverage limits: Higher liability coverage and lower deductibles mean higher premiums. Consider what coverage you realistically need.
- Vehicle: Insuring a new luxury car costs more than an older sedan. Sports cars also have higher insurance rates.
- Age: Teen and elderly drivers are viewed as higher risk and charged more. Middle-aged drivers get the best rates.
- Gender: Statistics show young male drivers get in more accidents. Young men pay more than women for coverage.
- Marital status: Married drivers tend to file fewer claims, so companies charge less for their policies.
- Annual mileage: Drivers who rack up fewer miles have lower risk of accidents. Lower mileage means lower premiums.
- Location: Urban areas like Bradenton have more accidents, thefts, vandalism and expensive auto repairs. This leads to higher premiums.
Ways to Save on Bradenton Car Insurance
The good news is there are many ways to save on car insurance in Bradenton:
- Shop around: Get quotes from multiple insurers to compare rates. Local agents and online sites can provide quotes.
- Ask for discounts: Inquire about discounts for good driving, good students, anti-theft devices, bundling policies, paying annually, and more.
- Raise deductibles: Increasing your deductible from $500 to $1,000 could reduce premiums 20% or more.
- Drop unnecessary coverage: If your car is paid off, consider dropping collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Limit miles driven: Tell your insurer if your annual mileage is under 10,000 or 15,000 miles.
- Maintain good credit: Pay bills on time and lower debt to keep your credit score high.
- Take a defensive driving course: Many insurers provide a discount for completing an approved safe driving course.
- Enroll in usage-based program: These programs can lower rates for safe, low-mileage driving habits.
Top Car Insurance Companies in Bradenton
The largest national insurers like State Farm, GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate have agents and satisfy customers in the Bradenton area. Some top regional and local insurers to consider include:
- Direct Auto Insurance: This is one of the largest non-standard auto insurers in Florida with affordable rates for drivers with less-than-perfect records.
- AAA: AAA offers good rates and benefits like roadside assistance to members.
- Castle Key Insurance: This Florida-based insurer has won awards for affordable rates and great customer service.
- United Auto Insurance: Specializing in minimum liability coverage with monthly payment plans.
- First Acceptance Insurance: Offers coverage options for high-risk drivers in Florida.
When getting quotes, make sure to compare the same coverage amounts for accurate rate comparisons. Consider bundling home or life insurance with an insurer for possible multi-policy discounts.
How Much is Average Car Insurance in Bradenton?
Car insurance costs vary quite a bit based on your individual risk profile and the amount of coverage you select. According to 2021 data from Bankrate, the average cost of a full coverage policy in Bradenton is:
- Minimum coverage: $815 per year
- Liability limits of 100/300/100: $1,065 per year
- Full coverage: $1,809 per year
Bradenton’s average car insurance rates are a bit above the national average but generally less expensive than bigger Florida cities like Miami. With some smart shopping and discounts, you should be able to find a rate on the lower end of the range.
What Full Coverage Auto Insurance Includes
Full coverage is a bundle of five key types of auto insurance protection:
- Comprehensive: Covers damage to your vehicle from theft, vandalism, fire, natural disaster, animals, and other non-collision incidents. Generally included if you have a car loan.
- Collision: Covers repairs to your vehicle if you collide with another car or object. Also typically required by auto lenders.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Protects you if you’re hit by a driver with no or too little insurance. Bodily injury and property damage coverage available.
- Medical payments: Covers medical treatment for injuries to you and passengers from an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Personal injury protection: Required in no-fault states like Florida. Pays for medical care, lost wages, and other damages to you and passengers.
Liability insurance is also required by law. Bodily injury liability covers injuries you cause to others, while property damage liability pays for damage to another vehicle or property if you’re at fault in an accident.
How Much Liability Coverage is Recommended?
Experts typically recommend 100/300/100 as a good baseline for liability limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury per person
- $300,000 bodily injury per accident
- $100,000 property damage per accident
However, if you have significant assets to protect, umbrella insurance can provide additional liability coverage beyond your auto policy limits at an affordable price.
When Can Your Car Insurance be Canceled?
There are certain situations when your auto insurer can cancel your policy during the policy term:
- You don’t pay your premiums on time.
- Your driver’s license is suspended or revoked.
- You’re convicted of a serious offense like DUI, vehicular homicide, auto insurance fraud, etc.
- You significantly misrepresented details when you applied for the policy.
- You fail to cooperate with the claims investigation process.
- You file too many claims within a certain timeframe.
Otherwise, the insurance company cannot cancel your policy before the end of the policy term unless you request cancellation yourself.
Shopping for Car Insurance in Bradenton
The key to finding the best car insurance in Bradenton is to shop around and compare quotes. Be sure to get price estimates from national companies like State Farm, GEICO, and Progressive as well as regional and local insurers. An independent insurance agent can provide multiple quotes at once.
Review the coverage options carefully and ask about discounts you may qualify for. Consider the insurer’s customer service reputation and financial strength ratings as well. With some diligent rate comparisons, Bradenton drivers can secure good auto insurance coverage at competitive prices.
Car Insurance Bradenton Florida – 1-800-998-0662
How much is car insurance in Bradenton FL?
Who is the cheapest car insurance in Florida?
Who normally has the cheapest car insurance?
How much is car insurance per month in FL?