American Select Insurance Company is a property and casualty insurance provider based in Ohio. If you need to get in touch with them, this article explains how to find their phone number, file a claim, and connect with an agent.
An Overview of American Select Insurance Company
- American Select Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Westfield Insurance Company. It was established in 1938.
- The company provides insurance products such as auto, home, business, farm, and specialty insurance across the United States.
- American Select Insurance Company is rated “A” (Excellent) for financial strength by AM Best. This indicates they have a strong ability to meet ongoing policy and contract obligations.
- The company is licensed to operate in all 50 states and DC. Their headquarters is located in Westfield Center, Ohio.
How to Find American Select Insurance Company’s Phone Number
American Select Insurance Company does not list their customer service phone number publicly on their website. However, here are a few ways to obtain their phone number:
- Check your policy documents: Your insurance policy and documentation from American Select Insurance likely contains their phone number for customer inquiries.
- Call your agent: If you purchased insurance through an independent agent, call their office to obtain the customer service phone number.
- Online search: Searching for “American Select Insurance phone number” will reveal customer service numbers used by policyholders.
- Call Westfield Insurance: American Select Insurance is a subsidiary of Westfield Insurance. You can call Westfield’s customer service at 1-800-243-0210 for assistance.
- Call claims: The claims department number (1-800-955-5422) may be able to transfer you to an American Select Insurance representative.
How to File a Claim with American Select Insurance
If you need to file an insurance claim with American Select, there are a couple ways to start the process:
Online: You can report a claim and upload supporting documents through American Select’s online portal. Login or register for an account to get started.
Mobile app: Download the Westfield Insurance app on your iOS or Android device. You can report claims directly through the app.
Phone: Call 1-800-955-5422 to speak with a claims representative. This number is listed on the company’s website.
Contact your agent: Get in touch with your independent insurance agent. They can file the claim for you or provide the correct phone number.
Be prepared to provide details like the date of loss, policy number, and a description of what happened. Having supporting documents ready will also help expedite the process.
How to Find an American Select Insurance Agent
American Select Insurance sells policies through a network of independent insurance agents across the United States. Here are some tips for finding an agent in your area:
- Use the agent locator: American Select’s website has an online tool to find local agents. Enter your zip code to see a list of options.
- Ask for referrals: Friends, family, or colleagues may be able to refer you to a reputable American Select agent they have worked with.
- Look on Westfield’s site: As a subsidiary, American Select agents may also be listed on Westfield Insurance’s website. The process for finding agents is the same.
- Search online directories: Agent directory sites like TrustedChoice.com have listings of agents by companies they represent and location.
- Call customer service: An American Select Insurance representative can provide you with contact information for agents near you.
- Contact existing agent: If you’re already insured with American Select, your current agent may be able to set you up with additional policies.
Getting Support from American Select Insurance Company
Outside of claims and finding an agent, there may be times when you need assistance from American Select Insurance’s customer support team. Here are some common reasons to get in touch with their customer service department:
- Making changes to your existing policy
- Getting proof of insurance documents
- Adding a new vehicle or driver
- Canceling your policy
- Making a payment
- Getting a quote for a new policy
- Asking billing or payment questions
- Expressing dissatisfaction with an agent
American Select Insurance Company aims to provide helpful and friendly customer service. However, there are a few tips to keep in mind when reaching out:
- Have your policy number ready – this helps pull up your account details faster.
- Take notes during the call so you remember important information.
- Stay calm and polite – representatives are there to help you.
- Escalate issues if you feel you are not getting adequate support.
- Follow up in writing if needed to document interactions.
American Select Insurance Company Contact Information
While American Select Insurance Company does not publicize their customer service number, you can use the following information to get in touch when needed:
American Select Insurance Company Headquarters
Address: One Park Circle, PO Box 5001, Westfield Center, OH 44251
Phone: 1-800-243-0210 (Westfield Insurance customer service)
American Select Insurance Claims Department
American Select Insurance Website
NAIC Number: 37478
AM Best Rating: A (Excellent)
FAQs About American Select Insurance
What types of insurance does American Select Insurance offer?
American Select Insurance offers various property and casualty insurance products including auto, homeowners, condo, renters, personal umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, boat, classic car, manufactured home, and business insurance policies.
In what states is American Select Insurance available?
American Select Insurance is licensed to operate in all 50 U.S. states and Washington DC. Policies are sold through independent insurance agents.
How do I pay my bill for my American Select Insurance policy?
Bills can be paid online through American Select’s customer portal, by mailing a check, calling to make a payment, or setting up automatic withdrawals from a bank account.
How do I change my auto or home policy with American Select?
To make policy changes, call customer service or contact your American Select Insurance agent directly. Your agent can guide you through updating your coverage, adding a driver or vehicle, removing a vehicle, and more.
How do I file a complaint against American Select Insurance?
If you need to file a complaint, contact your state’s department of insurance. You can find contact information on American Select’s website under “File a Complaint” or search online for your state’s insurance regulator.
What is American Select Insurance’s rating from AM Best?
AM Best, a credit rating agency focused on the insurance industry, has given American Select Insurance Company an “A” (Excellent) financial strength rating. This means AM Best has assessed them as having an excellent ability to meet ongoing obligations to policyholders.
Is American Select insurance the same as Westfield Insurance?
What is the phone number for American Family Insurance Claims?
Is there an app for Westfield Insurance?