Progressive County Mutual Insurance Company is a major auto insurer that is part of the larger Progressive insurance group. With affordable rates and a wide range of coverage options, Progressive County Mutual has become one of the leading auto insurance providers in the United States.
This article provides an overview of Progressive County Mutual Insurance Company, including information about:
- Company history and background
- Products and coverage options
- Discounts and savings opportunities
- Ratings and financial strength
- How to get a quote and purchase a policy
- Customer service options
- Tips for filing a claim
Whether you’re considering switching your auto insurance or are just learning about Progressive County Mutual, this guide contains helpful details about this large insurance provider.
Progressive County Mutual Insurance Company Background
Progressive County Mutual Insurance Company has the following background and history:
- Formed in 1937 originally to provide auto insurance to higher risk drivers
- Headquartered in Glenwillow, Ohio
- Specializes primarily in auto insurance but also offers motorcycle, RV, and commercial auto policies
- Part of the Progressive group of insurance companies
- Has grown to be one of the top 5 auto insurance providers in the United States
- Insures over 10 million drivers across the country
The company started out insuring only high risk policies but now provides coverage options for all types of drivers. They aim to make insurance accessible and affordable using online tools and personalized premium options.
Products and Coverage Options from Progressive
Some of the major policy options from Progressive County Mutual Insurance include:
- Bodily Injury Liability – covers injuries to others caused by an at-fault accident
- Property Damage Liability – pays for damage to others’ property
- Collision – repairs damage to your vehicle from a collision
- Comprehensive – covers damage from theft, vandalism, weather, fire and more
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – protects you if hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver
- Medical Payments – pays medical bills for you and passengers after an accident
- Personal Injury Protection – covers lost wages and medical care for all occupants
- Accessory coverage
- Custom parts and equipment value
Recreational Vehicle Insurance:
- Full replacement cost coverage
- Total loss replacement
- Personal belongings
- Vacation liability
- Full timer coverage
Commercial Auto Insurance:
- Physical damage
- Medical payments
- Uninsured motorist
- Hired auto
- Non-owned auto
Progressive allows you to customize your auto policy by selecting only the coverage types and limits you need.
Discounts Offered by Progressive
Progressive County Mutual offers a number of discounts that can help reduce your auto insurance premium:
- Multi-policy – Bundles auto with home or other insurance
- Multi-vehicle – Insures two or more cars on the same policy
- Good student – For students with a B average or higher
- Student away at school – If a student attends school away from home
- Advance purchase – Purchasing a policy before your current one expires
- Continuous insurance – Proof of prior insurance coverage
- Autopay – Set up automatic payments from a bank account
- Paperless – Go paperless by signing up for online documents
- Pay in full – Pay 6-month or 12-month premium upfront
- Usage based – Drive less than a specified number of miles per year
Ask your agent about all possible discounts when getting a Progressive quote.
Progressive County Mutual Financial Strength and Ratings
As part of the larger Progressive group, Progressive County Mutual maintains excellent financial strength:
- A+ (Superior) rating from A.M. Best
- A+ rating from Standard & Poor’s
- A1 (Good) rating from Moody’s
- Over $46 billion in total assets
- $1.5 billion in net written premiums (2020)
These ratings indicate Progressive County Mutual has the resources to easily pay out future claims. The company gets high marks for financial stability.
How to Get a Progressive Insurance Quote and Policy
There are a few ways to get a quote from Progressive County Mutual and purchase coverage:
Online: Visit Progressive’s website to get an instant quote and buy a policy completely online.
By phone: Call (800) PROGRESSIVE to speak with an agent and receive a quote over the phone.
Independent agent: Find a local Progressive agent near you to meet in person and buy coverage.
Compare rates: Use an online quote comparison tool to check Progressive’s rates against competitors all in one place.
When obtaining a quote, have details like your driver’s license, VIN, and current coverage handy. Consider increasing deductibles and dropping unnecessary extras to save on your premium.
Progressive Customer Service and Claims Process
Progressive provides customer service by phone 24/7 and also has an online support center:
Online: Submit questions through their website
Mobile app: Download the app to manage your policy, pay your bill, file claims and more.
To file a claim, call Progressive immediately after an accident or loss. An adjuster will walk through the process and paperwork needed to settle your claim quickly and fairly.
Tips for Filing an Insurance Claim with Progressive
Follow these tips when starting a claim with Progressive County Mutual:
- Call Progressive right away to start the claims process.
- Write down names, contact information, and insurance details for everyone involved.
- Take photos of damage, the accident scene, and injuries.
- Save all related receipts, bills, and documents for submitting.
- Cooperate fully with the claims adjuster and provide requested proof promptly.
- Thoroughly review any settlement offer before accepting.
- Keep copies of all correspondence and notes from conversations.
- Avoid settling or signing any release until sure the amount is fair.
Patience throughout the claims process ensures you receive the maximum payout you are entitled to.
Is Progressive County Mutual a Good Choice?
With affordable rates, strong financial ratings, and a variety of coverage options, Progressive County Mutual is a leading choice for auto insurance.
Their customized policies, multitude of discounts, and helpful claims representatives make this large insurer an appealing option for many drivers.
Getting quotes from Progressive and other top insurers helps ensure you find the best rates and service for protecting your vehicle.
Progressive Car Insurance Review (2023 UPDATED Guide)
Is Progressive County Mutual the same as Progressive insurance?
Who owns Progressive insurance now?
Who normally has the cheapest car insurance?