Heacock Classic Car Insurance specializes in policies for collectors’ vehicles like antique, classic, exotic, and custom cars. But how good is their service and coverage really? In this review, we’ll examine Heacock’s insurance options, discounts, customer reviews and more to see if they’re the right choice to protect your prized automobile.
Overview of Heacock Classic Car Insurance
Heacock Classic Insurance was launched in 1989 to provide specialized coverage for collectible vehicles. Here are some key facts about the company:
- Specialize in insurance for antique, classic, exotic, custom, and race cars
- Also offer insurance for classic motorcycles, boats, RVs and specialty vehicles
- Rated “Excellent” on Trustpilot with 4.9 out of 5 stars
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Available in 48 states nationwide
With over 30 years of experience, Heacock Classic focuses exclusively on insurance for collector vehicles instead of standard cars. Their underwriters and agents have expertise in covering antique autos.
Heacock Classic Car Insurance Coverage Options
Heacock Classic Insurance policies are designed specifically to meet the needs of collectors’ vehicles:
Agreed value coverage – You and Heacock agree upfront on a set payout value in case of a total loss. This means you don’t have to worry about depreciation or negotiating claims.
Spare parts coverage – Coverage for spare parts and auto memorabilia like hood ornaments.
Worldwide transport coverage – Protects your vehicle during transport to events and shows.
Emergency roadside assistance – Up to 100 miles of towing and locksmith services.
Use coverage – Policies allow limited recreational use like club events and shows. Does not cover regular driving.
Heacock also offers coverage options like:
- Occasional use for pleasure driving
- Coverage for newly acquired vehicles
- Mexico liability
Heacock agents can guide you in setting up the right custom policy for your specific collector vehicle.
Eligibility Requirements for Heacock Classic Car Insurance
Heacock has some requirements around condition, use, and ownership criteria for vehicles to be eligible for their classic car insurance:
- Must be in good working condition
- Annual mileage limits (usually under 7,500 miles/year)
- No regular or daily use
- Must be kept in enclosed private garage
- Applicant must have a daily use auto policy
Additionally, Heacock usually requires vehicles to be at least 25 years old, have collectible value, and be driven only by those 25+ years old. Specific eligibility may depend on your state.
Cost of Heacock Classic Car Insurance
Heacock Classic Insurance offers affordable premiums:
- Average cost ranges from $400 to $1,000 per year
- Rates depend on your car’s age, value, usage, and other factors
- Discounts can reduce your rate by up to 15%
Heacock claims rates are around 40% lower compared to standard insurance since collector vehicles are driven less often. But always compare quotes from a few providers.
Discounts from Heacock Classic Car Insurance
Heacock offers multiple discounts to help reduce premiums:
- Multi-car discount – For insuring several collector vehicles
- Association discount – If you belong to a car collectors club or association
- Loyalty discount – For renewing your policy continuously
- Paid-in-full discount – For paying annual premium upfront
- Anti-theft discount – For having anti-theft devices installed
Ask your Heacock agent about discounts you may qualify for to lower your rate.
Heacock Classic Car Insurance Customer Reviews
We examined Heacock Classic Insurance reviews on WalletHub and other sites. Here are some of the most common pros and cons mentioned:
- Streamlined quote and signup process
- Excellent customer service from agents
- Claims handled fairly and efficiently
- Competitive pricing compared to standard auto insurance
- Some disputes over agreed upon value amounts
- Mixed reviews of claims response times
- Fewer coverage options compared to regular car insurance
Reviews of Heacock Classic Insurance are overwhelmingly positive. The most common complaints relate to claims experiences, which vary from insurer to insurer.
The Pros and Cons of Heacock Classic Car Insurance
Based on customer feedback, pricing, products and other research, here are the main advantages and disadvantages of Heacock Classic Insurance:
- Specialized coverages for collectors’ vehicles
- Agreed value policies avoid depreciation
- Competitive rates and discounts
- Positive customer service reviews
- Available in 48 states
- Limitations on use and mileage
- Mixed claims satisfaction feedback
- Less flexibility than standard auto policies
Heacock Classic Insurance offers quality coverage tailored specifically for collector vehicles. Just be aware of the usage restrictions and compare pricing.
Is Heacock Classic Car Insurance Right for You?
When deciding if Heacock Classic Insurance fits your needs, consider:
- The type of vehicle you need to insure
- Your state – Heacock operates in most but not all
- Your budget – Get quotes to compare pricing
- How you’ll use the vehicle – Limited recreational use only
- Your collector association membership – For discount eligibility
For collectors with antique, classic, or exotic vehicles, Heacock Classic Insurance delivers quality coverage shaped to the unique needs of these cars. Compare quotes if interested in their specialty insurance.
The Bottom Line: Is Heacock Classic Car Insurance Recommended?
With over 30 years of experience in the collectors’ insurance space, Heacock Classic Insurance delivers quality coverage geared specifically to antique, classic, exotic, and custom vehicles.
They earn overwhelmingly positive reviews for their customer service, claims handling and expertise working with collectors. Policies allow limited recreational use of vehicles and provide agreed value coverage to avoid depreciation disputes.
The main downsides are restrictions on mileage and use as well as some variability in claims satisfaction mentioned in reviews. There are trade-offs versus standard car insurance policies to consider. But for specialty protection for your collectible vehicle, Heacock Classic Insurance is a leading choice recommended by many auto enthusiasts. Compare premium quotes against options from competitors like American Collectors and Grundy Insurance as well.
Acceptable Collector Car Usage | With Heacock Classic
Why is classic car insurance so cheap?
Do classic cars get better insurance?
How many miles can you do on classic car insurance?